Because of the advent of the internet, exchange of information became so fast it actually is being reflected in our daily lives. We live now in a fast-paced world, filling in our daily schedules that we often forget and neglect our physical well being.
Regular exercise becomes a cliche, that we know it way-way more than we do it, forgetting that regular exercise accompanied with a healthy diet improves wellness and reduces the risk of dreaded ‘lifestyle’ diseases (diabetes, cancer, heart ailments). A good exercise regiment helps provide a healthy amount of oxygen by increasing our respiratory activity; it has long-term benefits and helps improve our quality of life. A minimum of 30 minutes of moderate to intense exercise is required daily. Doing Exercise also benefits the brain, with exercising; we help our body synchronize with our brain activity.
Listed below are some of the benefits of exercising regularly:
- Get Fresh Air and Sunshine
- Strengthens internal organs
- Lowers bad cholesterol and blood pressure
- Expedites replenishment of nutrients
- Help Produce Endorphins and other bodies’ self-healing hormones
Here are some of the easiest and quickest exercises you can do in 30 minutes or under without the need of hitting the gym
- Running – it is a full body exercise that is moderate in intensity, the best thing about it is you can do running technically anywhere for as long as there is a pedestrian-friendly road available. Calories Burned: 408
- Push-ups – while it is not time-consuming per se, starting your day with a push up really needs a little push, but rest assured that when done continuously and religiously, you can do 50 to 100 pushups within a 30 minute period. calories Burned: 300
- Sit-ups – similar to push-ups, doing daily crunches is a key in maintaining a good physique, and besides this is the favorite warm-up of the Philippine National Fist: Manny Pacman Pacquiao. Calories Burned: 525
- Jumping Jacks – Doing Jumping Jacks in the morning actually helps make your mind and body awake due to the shaking that actually happens, 30-minute dose of jumping jack can actually burn 204 calories.
- Walking – Is the simplest and still the best exercise, without adding cost monetarily or even with time. Being outdoors in the open air at a “brisk pace” raise your heartbeat gradually in the duration of your walkathon.
So again, don’t let your schedules stand in the way, hit the road and take control of your health!